Week of August 12th-16th
Seesaw Information will be here.
Welcome to First Grade!! We are so glad you are here!!
Please click HERE to see our Meet the Teacher video.
Click HERE to see school supplies.
7:45 - 8:00am Arrival 7:45 - 8:00am Arrival
8:00 - 8:05am Announcements 8:00 - 8:05am Review M.V.
8:05 - 8:15am Class Prayer 8:05 - 8:50am Chapel
8:15 - 8:30am Journal/Handwriting 8:50 - 9:00am Return
8:30 - 9:00am Bible -------------------------------------
9:00 - 9:30am Phonics Same the Rest of the Day
9:30 - 10:25am Reading/Stations
10:25 - 10:30am Prepare for Lunch
10:30 - 11:00am Lunch
11:00 - 11:30am Recess
11:30 - 12:30pm Calendar Math/Stations
12:30 - 1:15pm Science/Social Studies
1:15 - 1:45pm Specials
1:45 - 2:15pm P.E.
2:15 - 2:45pm English/Writing
2:45 - 3:15pm Snack & Spelling
3:15 - 3:20pm Clean Up & Head Out
3:25pm Begin Carpool
- 8/21 (Fri.) - Farm Day
- 9/25 (Fri.) - Favorite Sport Day
- 10/9 (Fri.) - School Spirit Day (Homecoming)
- 10/30 (Fri.) - Pirates & Fairies
- 11/13 (Fri.) - Camo Day in honor of Veteran’s Day
- 12/18 (Fri.) - Christmas PJ’s
- 1/15 (Fri.) - Pattern Day (Flannel shirts, polka dots, stripes, etc.)
- 2/12 (Fri.) - Disney Day in honor of Valentine’s Day
- 2/26 (Fri.) - Wild West Day in honor of Go Texan Day
- 3/2 (Tues.) - Favorite Book Character Day in honor of Dr. Seuss Day
- 4/1 (Thurs.) - Color Day by Grade in honor of Easter
- Kindergarten - Red (Blood of Jesus)
- 1st Grade - Blue (Baptism)
- 2nd Grade - White (Cleansing)
- 3rd Grade - Green (Christian Growth)
- 4th Grade - Purple (Royalty)
- 5th Grade - Yellow (Heaven)
- 5/7 (Fri.) - Career Day
- 5/14 (Fri.) - Tie-Dye Day in honor of Field Day
- 5/21 (Fri.) - Flip Flop Day in honor of Last Day of School and Splash Day
English- Our curriculum is a blend of BJU Press, Neuhaus Multisensory Grammar, and Grammar MINUTE.
Writing- We use 6 +1 Writing Traits.
Reading- We use BJU leveled readers, BJU phonics, and ABEKA charts. We will level our guided reading groups to meet the individual student needs.
PHONICS VIDEOS- click chart number below to watch
Our curriculum is written by BJU Press. There will be 10 words given every Monday, and tests will be Friday. You'll find the weekly spelling list on this website every week! Your child will take a pre-test each Monday, and if they receive a 100, they will not be required to take the final test on Friday!
Our curriculum is Envision Math. Students will also learn about the following: addition/subtraction, five and ten relationships, counting number patterns, place value, ordering numbers, money, geometry, fractions, measurement and data. Students have lots of hands-on time during math with manipulatives, student-led teaching, math groups, fun Friday, and math games.
Our curriculum is written by BJU.
Memory Verse: We will learn a new memory verse on Mondays, and recite it on Friday for a grade. Look on this site for our verse each week.
Our curriculum is written by BJU. This year we will be learning about the senses, the weather, the seasons, health and safety, tame animals, wild animals, matter, sound, sun/moon/stars, plants, and push/pull.
Our curriculum is written by BJU. This year we will be learning about God's world, your family, your community, your state, your country, your country's capital, Native Americans, Christopher Columbus, Jamestown, Plymouth, today and long ago.
Mrs. Van Pelt:
Dollar store gifts for treasure box, candy, shaving cream, wipes
Website updated by 8am every Monday